Contest winners selecting WYD packages will travel with Goodness Reigns on a 9-day pilgrimage to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from July 23-28. Our official pilgrimage provider is JMJ Youth.
- July 21 Depart from Miami, Florida
- July 22 Arrive in Rio de Janeiro. Enjoy a city tour of Rio including the Metropolitan Cathedral, ride a train through the Tijuaca Forest up to Corcovado to the Statue of Christ (subject to capacity), and cable car to the top of the iconic Sugar Loaf for spectacular views of Rio. Transfer to the hotel and check in.
- July 23 Morning is free; World Youth Day begins this afternoon with the Opening Mass.
- July 24 Morning Catechesis; Visit WYD venues around city
- July 25 Morning Catechesis; Welcome the Holy Father in the afternoon
- July 26 Morning Catechesis; Stations of the Cross in the afternoon
- July 27 Pilgrimage Walk and Vigil with the Holy Father
- July 28 Closing Mass with the Holy Father; Evening free
- July 29 Free Day to relax
- July 30 Depart Rio de Janeiro for Miami and connecting flights
Top contest finishers may opt for all-expense paid WYD packages. Others associated with the winners may also travel but must pay their own expenses.
Travel packages with JMJ Youth are $3324* plus connecting flight costs to Miami, Florida.
Those traveling with Goodness Reigns must be at least 16 at time of travel. Those under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.