Judging Criteria, Contest Rules & Film Submission
- RESPECT: Does the film respect the teachings of the Catholic Christian faith?
- CREATIVITY: Is the film’s content delivered creatively to engage viewers?
- AUDIENCE APPEAL: Is the content relevant to youth and young adults–the target audience?
- TECHNICAL MERIT: Do technical elements add to or detract from the video’s overall effectiveness?
- INSPIRE: Does the audience come away with new insights or feel inspired to learn more about the Catholic Christian faith because of this video?
General rules for contests offered by Goodness Reigns
Note: Individual contests may have their own specific criteria and eligibility rules. If interested in the “Share the Story” (YOUCAT/World Youth Day) Short Video Contest, please see additional rules below.
- All Goodness Reigns contests are open to anyone worldwide regardless of ethnicity or religion. Some contests do stipulate age limits.
- Entrants under age 18 must have parental approval to participate.
- Participants may not re-submit an entry that was previously submitted to a Goodness Reigns contest.
- Participants may only submit an entry once but may submit multiple entries with completed entry forms for each video submitted.
- Important! All submitted material must be original work or be properly credited within your video entry. You may not include in your video submissions any copyrighted video, audio or art unless you receive written permission—a letter or media release form–from the owner of the intellectual property. Participants may use material deemed in the public domain but must include sufficient reference in the closing credits. Check the Internet if you need further explanation.
- Important!Media release forms must be signed by anyone appearing in your video entry or who are supplying audio or other original content. The Media Release Form may be downloaded from the following location: http://www.goodnessreigns.com/contest- rules.phpSigned media release forms must be emailed, faxed or sent by snail mail on or before the submission deadline to:Goodness Reigns
P.O. Box 6345
Louisville, KY 40206
Fax: (502) 897-7383
- All Goodness Reigns participants agree to allow Goodness Reigns to use their names or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation and may be required to sign a media release form.
- Employees or agents of Goodness Reigns and their families, advertising agencies or representatives are ineligible to enter contests offered by Goodness Reigns.
- Winners may not request substitution or other consideration from the originally awarded prize.
- Goodness Reigns reserves the right to revoke prizes if the winner does not meet any or all eligibility requirements, even though an announcement has been made publicly indicating that person is a winner.
- Important! A 1099 MISC Form will be completed and filed with the Internal Revenue Service for each winner who wins prizes/awards/travel packages valued at $600 or more over the course of a calendar year. All local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Goodness Reigns, when due to the unavailability of promoted prizes, may substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won. Goodness Reigns is not responsible or liable for prizes awarded to an event that is canceled due to circumstances beyond its control.
- With respect to any disputes regarding individual contests, the decision by the Goodness Reigns Board of Directors is final.
- Goodness Reigns, its agencies or affiliates shall not be liable for any claim, injury or damage from any Goodness Reigns contest prize or travel experience.
- All entries become the property of Goodness Reigns. Participants maintain the right to continue to use their video entry any way they may choose, but Goodness Reigns also maintains the right to use the entry on its websites, in promotional materials, and in any way deemed beneficial to the competition or its mission.
- All rules are subject to change without notice.
Guidelines for Video Content
- Participants must observe specified time limits for their video submissions or face disqualification.
- Entries must illustrate respect for all people regardless of gender, race or creed, and must not contain any nudity or unnecessary and excessive violence as well as content that would be considered by the general community as offensive or in poor taste.
- Entries must be in line with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Entries must promote a respect for all creation.
Additional Rules for the Share the Story (YOUCAT/World Youth Day) Short Video Contest
(Please be sure to read the general contest rules above)
- Age Limit: The “Share the Story” Short Video Contest is open to people of all ages, particularly to youth and young adults. Winners interested in receiving travel packages to World Youth Day must at least age 16 by the date of the international event and must travel with a designated legal guardian. Award winners under age 18 may be required to choose cash or photo equipment instead of travel packages as they may not travel without a parent or guardian. Winners age 18 by the time World Youth Day takes place will be part of the Goodness Reigns WYD contingency and need not be accompanied by an adult.
- All award recipients choosing to travel to World Youth Day as their prize must complete Code of Conduct and Liability Release forms prior to departure. A failure to do so will result in forfeiting their prize.
- If submitting an entry as part of a group, the individual submitting the entry will be the person to contact to arrange the reception of the prize.
- The winning group for the “High School Group Award” must consist of at least two adults for every four minors traveling.
Please direct any questions you may have to Suzanne Haugh at Suzanne@goodnessreigns.com or call (502) 468-4688.