Young Adult Group Award:
The winners will receive either $8,000 in video gear or four all-inclusive trips to World Youth Day 2011 in Madrid, Spain.
“Extremely well done. … Funny, but at the same time serious. A light message with a strong conclusion. Confirmation classes will absolutely want this video for their students!”
Don’t Let Me Fall
“Nice example of how to pray. Good subject matter. Great cinematography. … A true ‘anthem’ as to the challenges of adolescent and young adult angst.”
“Excellent technically. … Super awesome variety of people saying The Creed. The variety of folks is a real witness.”
High School Group Award:
The winners will receive either $15,000 in video gear or 10 all-inclusive trips to World Youth Day 2011 in Madrid, Spain.
“The animation approach using the whiteboard was an excellent way to convey this message of Mother Teresa. … When I figured out that we were hearing Mother Teresa I was sold. … For those who do not know her, this is a cute way to share her total commitment to God with them.”
“Well done! A story well told and communicated. Great lighting, costumes, production quality—all of great value. … By far the best scripting and quality. The acting is excellent!”
The Ten Plagues
“Good use of video overlay of color. …This was a unique way to make the Old Testament present.”
Individual Category Awards:
Each winner will receive either $4,000 in video gear or two all-inclusive trips to World Youth Day 2011 in Madrid, Spain.
“Clever use of visual effects. Creative way to tell a story.”
“This really does make the best use of the medium and puts everything together in a compelling way with a concrete theme, a solid story and a conclusion. Making me laugh didn’t hurt either.”
Searching for Truth
“Excellent depth of information. Interesting idea for presentation.“
“Great idea and excellent editing and production. … Technically, this is one of the best.“
Present-Day Missionary Spirit:
“The script develops a story with a satisfying conclusion and conveys a compelling message.”
“Good stuff! Highly original. Believable and good subject matter. I love the ‘Doo-wop Beach Boys’ song! … The intended message—confess your sins and don’t be misled by the evil one—is an excellent message.”
“Great interviews–the young people are articulate and well-catechized.! Very well edited and a great ad for confession. …The film reveals a depth of understanding and conviction of ‘confession’ in the lives of young adults.”
“Bags…Intriguing! I like that there are no words… and that you tell the story visually.”
The Goodness Reigns Team wishes to thank the following supporters and judges for making this effort possible:
- To our main benefactor (who wishes to remain anonymous) who has provided generously so to inspire the young church to proclaim their faith boldly through technology and is providing further opportunities for inspiration by financing the winners’ trips and/or video gear. Her gift is also bringing news of World Youth Day to those who have yet to experience or know of the international event initiated by the Venerable Pope John Paul II called World Youth Day.
- To our other benefactors who have contributed financially and through prayer for this project. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!
- To those who have in some way promoted Goodness Reigns: Ave Maria Press, CatholicTV, Everyday Faith Live, EWTN’s Life on the Rock, Sonrise Morning Show, iiBloom, Life Teen, Leonetti in the Evening, MyCatholicVoice, Our Sunday Visitor, Outside da Box, Sirius Radio’s The Catholics Next Door, The Bishop’s Hour, The Busted Halo Show, The Catechist Magazine, The Maximus Group, The Seize the Day Show , Youth In Europe…and those who have helped to spread the word through the Internet. Thank you!
- To all GR contributors, particularly to the GR filmmakers who have answered the call to serve the church through their films.
- To the Venerable Pope John Paul II and all of the saints who have inspired many through their witness and lives of service.
- To the Blessed Mother who shows us how to live the “yes” we profess.
- To the Holy Spirit, the great animator, to Jesus Christ, the One who shows us the way, and to God, Our Father, for His gift of creation and our continuing desire to understand it, document it and be inspired by it.